LAMBERT Architecture + Interiors
418 N. Marshall St., Ste. 200, Winston-Salem, NC 27101
Founded by a Lebanese immigrant in 1925, this fine linen and children's retail store had remained under the ownership and operation of the original family for nearly 90 years. A new owner acquired it in 2014 and was determined to honor its history while making it current for the 21st century. Key to the renovation was reuse of authentic mid-Century modern store fixtures from 1946 that had been in storage from a prior location. Glass doors were removed to allow “self-service” access by customers, new display fitting was added, and the original cracked and yellowed varnish was painted a soft white to shift focus on the product. Blocked up exterior windows were opened to flood the interior with daylight. New LED track accents product and beautiful decorative lighting highlights focus tables. Custom silk wallpaper panels incorporate the store’s signature navy and teal colors.