We're hiring! Download our employment application (the "w" icon in the corner) and email the completed application, along with your cover letter and résumé, to Robin Pfefferkorn at email@example.com. We can't wait to meet you!
Licensed Architect with a design or technical focus will manage significant aspects of one or more projects including predesign, design, construction, and post-occupancy services. Ensure project(s) progress on schedule, within external and internal budgets, and to client expectations. May supervise, as assigned, internal staff and/or external team members.
• Expand existing, while cultivating new prospective client relationships
• Expand existing, while cultivating new prospective project and service opportunities
• Assist in the development of proposals. Participate, as requested, in client interviews/presentations
• Contribute to the financial growth of the firm through effective project & client management
• Develops project design and/or technical solutions based on client and firm goals, budget, schedule, and expectations
• Prepares and monitors tasks to accomplish, and coordinates design or technical work for one or more projects. Work to be consistent with client requirements/expectations; contract and fee agreements; schedule; and Firm Standard Operating Procedures
• If required, determine and monitor staffing requirements for assigned projects based on budget, schedule, and other project requirements. Make recommendations to firm management relative to personnel needs
• If required, monitor and regularly report project progress and team performance to client and firm management. Report scope changes, decisions and other information that may affect schedule and/or costs
• Continuously instruct, guide, and counsel clients and project team(s) regarding firm and project, SOPs, strategies, and expectations
• Supervise assigned staff in accordance with firm policies and applicable laws
• Provide leadership; establish and communicate clear team member roles and performance standards
• Prepare and conduct performance reviews for staff under his/her direct supervision; provide input with regard to staff not under his/her direct supervision, as requested
• North Carolina architect registration
• NCARB Certificate
• Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture from an accredited institution
• Minimum of 8 years design experience
• LEED accreditation
• Construction services experience in one or more of the following project types: Workspace, Higher Education, Healthcare/Health Sciences, Senior Living, Critical Facilities
• Masters Degree is a plus
• AutoCAD, ArchiCAD (BIM software is a strong plus.)
• Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Project, PowerPoint
• Adobe Reader
• Extensive knowledge of governmental regulations, building codes, construction document preparation, contract administration, and architectural and sustainable design techniques.
• Strong skills and abilities in the following: attention to detail; organizational, time management,, and people management skills; written and oral comprehension; active listening skills; social perceptiveness; written and oral expression; problem sensitivity;
deductive reasoning; critical thinking; active learning; ability to work independently; adaptability; and ability to interpret drawings and specifications.